Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week of April 4th

I have realized in the last month that food prices are rising and my time for preparing food is diminishing.  I am working more just to pay for the groceries we usually buy.  I have decided to try some tricks to save some more.
Saturday is usually laundry day, but now we are making it pantry and laundry day.  I will go through the pantry every Saturday to reorganize it and see what needs to be used.  We will be having at least 2 food storage meals a week.  Next is I will be getting out the crock pot cook books.  I get home after 5 pm at least 2 days a week and that makes it so easy to not want to cook.  Wish me luck!

Monday:  Breaded Chicken Sandwiches (I'm attempting to make some ciabatta rolls, I'll let you know)

Tuesday:  Bean Burritos  (Beans from food storage)

Wednesday:  Chicken Lo Mein, Gyozas (In the freezer)

Thursday:  BBQ Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Frozen Corn

Friday:  Sloppy Joes

Saturday:  Steak, Potatoes and Salad

Sunday:  Chicken Pot Pie

After I made the menu, I made my grocery list and I have a short list for milk, veggies and fruit.  (Budget $30).
I have been trying to keep my monthly bill around $150 so I can spend $50 on eating out or Schwan's frozen meals and put some money away for my trip to Costco every 2-3 months (roughly $200-$300).  That's about $300 a month on groceries.  Oh MY!  I know we could cut back, but everyone takes their lunch and fresh fruits and veggies are a HUGE must at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment