Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cinnamon Streusel Cake


This yummy cake was a favorite when I was growing up. This recipe is from my mom.

Batter:
Boxed Yellow Cake Mix
Small Package Instant Vanilla Pudding
2 Tbsp Oil
1 1/3 Cup Water
2 eggs (beaten)

Mix with electric mixer for 2 minutes on Medium. Grease bundt pan. Pour 3/4 of batter into the pan.

*I add 3 Tbsp flour to the dry cake mix for our altitude. I would do that for any altitude over 3500 ft.

Streusel:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp melted butter

Mix with a fork til moistened. Pour over batter in pan. Top with rest of the batter. Place in 375 degree oven for 45-50 minutes. Allow cake to cool in pan for about 20 minutes. When completely cool top with powdered sugar icing.


Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This is my favorite...my kids love it too, I always make it on a Sunday and then eat it for breakfast the next day too and lunch if it lasts that long!!! Love the fact that you're getting us all thinking about the dreaded question, "What's for Dinner?" Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made it look perfect! Makes me hungry just lookin' at it. I got this recipe from my 60 yr. old boss at BYU. Her name was Thelda Harris and I'm sure she's gone on to heaven by now unless she's 100 now. She was one tough boss, but I learned a lot from her. Back then we had to wear a dress to work every day. Loved, loved, loved wearing panty hose the whole time I was pregnant with Jenna. Went to work on the 10th even though I was in labor, and left for lunch at noon going straight to the hospital 2 blocks away and delivered my baby before the doctor could get there!!! See how efficient I used to be... MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girls and guys... remember one of the times we were sitting at the dining table all together (rare as that was) and Buddy said, "Mom, you're the BEST hotdog cooker!!!" ? That boy still makes me laugh... guess we'll keep him---

    ReplyDelete